Are your contents insured?

If you’re a LiveWest resident or leaseholder, we normally insure the building you live in, but not your personal belongings like furniture, clothes, carpets and curtains

It’s important that you insure your belongings, or you could face a big bill if something happens like a water leak or a fire.

If you’re not insured, check out the simple and affordable policy we’ve negotiated with the National Housing Federation for LiveWest residents.

The policy covers your household contents and personal belongings for risks like theft, vandalism, fire, flooding and escaping water. It also covers accidental damage, freezer contents, lost or stolen keys and personal liability. It can also include extended cover for accidental damage and personal possessions, garden structures, hearing aids and wheelchairs

The cost depends on where you live – here are the average costs our residents pay:

Sum insured




£9,000 £2.19 £4.26 £46.13
£14,000 £3.18 £6.40 £71.76

















You can pay fortnightly or monthly by payment card, monthly by direct debit or annually by cheque or debit or credit card.


Insuring your contents will give you real peace of mind and avoid some painful bills or losses.

If you’re a LiveWest resident, contact us to find out more. We can tell you how much it will cost you and give you an information leaflet and application form.